What would Jesus do for a Klondike Bar?

I am a recent Cabrini College graduate who had been accepted into the Cabrini Mission Corps. I was asked to leave on August 13th, and my life was thrown into chaos. What was supposed to be my journey of the year of service is now a journey of figuring out how I fit in the big scheme of things and my job as a high school teacher and cmapus minister.

Name:
Location: Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, July 03, 2006

Colorado

So, what I should have told all of you, my non-existent readers, 2 weeks ago is that my placement is indeed Golden, Colorado. My "job" is working at the National Mother Cabrini Shrine on Sundays I think, and then working in a grade school, Annunciation School, in the more Denver area 4 days a week.
Red Rocks, Buffalo Bills grave, Mile high City, pseudo home of John Denver, four-corners state, here I come. It is kind of cool and ironic in my mind that the states motto, "Nil sine numine" means "Nothing without Providence." I am looking forward to these 10 months, but am also relying heavily on other people providing. Should be pretty cool, and educational to me.

My friend Phil used to do these amazing thought of the day quotes, anecdotes and musings. He is currently in The Gambia, Africa. His most recent post was in reference to the Fourth of July tomorrow. I will now unashamedly and blatantly steal from him.

I remember the first baseball game after September 11th between the Phillies and the Braves. Before the game they had a moment of silence before the National Anthem and God Bless America. I remember during God Bless America they had a picture of Larry Bowa's face on the big screen. His face was streaked with tears as the song played. After the game a reporter asked him why he was crying during the song. Larry replied " Because I love this country" Thats exactly how I feel. If you can read thank a teacher. If you can read in English thank a veteran. Ciao
Thanks Phil.
And thanks to my sister who just qualified for Officer of the Deck and stands her first solo watch of 5 hours on the USS Germantown this afternoon ( I think that is how it works out time difference from the Persian Gulf), and my older brother who gets promoted sometime this week to 1st lieutenant in the Air Force, and gets married Saturday, and anyone else who serves, has served, will serve, in the military forces, National Guard Units, State Militias, Fire departments, Police Departments, and remind us freedom isn't free in this day and age. Happy Fourth of July, thank the forefathers for their foresight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home