What would Jesus do for a Klondike Bar?

I am a recent Cabrini College graduate who had been accepted into the Cabrini Mission Corps. I was asked to leave on August 13th, and my life was thrown into chaos. What was supposed to be my journey of the year of service is now a journey of figuring out how I fit in the big scheme of things and my job as a high school teacher and cmapus minister.

Name:
Location: Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, July 21, 2006

paths

OK folks, I’ve been way more lax then I anticipated in this blog, yet the posts have had more substance and reflection put into them then my other online communities have ever had total put into them. I beg you to be patient as I first define my jobs and then proceed to orientation, and eventually actually go to the Mile High City. I am really eager to go to the Capitol steps and say that I am a mile above sea level. I think this goal is important to me because I need to keep my eye on the prize so to speak. I really want to be able to go to Denver fully confident of what my jobs are and my capability to fill the need that is there.
I had a conference call this past Monday with the delightful Sr. Joan of Annunciation School. A small, parochial, Hispanic majority school, it needs unique help. It seems I will work in 5th grade with a brand new teacher in his religion classes, and we may be able to jointly do some theater work as he hails from New York and I am told is an actor. 8th grade needs help with a service club, confirmation prep, mentoring, and tutoring.
I never thought I would be working in elementary school, but this one is going to be very special to me I can tell. Sr. Joan’s love for her students is very evident and I eagerly anticipate the next stepsdown the path of my journey.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

Thanks for your nice comments over on my blog. I'm not from Philly/South Jersey- the extent of my time in that part of the world has been connections thru the Philly airport. You are more than welcome to link to me.

I was slightly acquainted with your brother during my first two years at Notre Dame. I attended several panel discussions on the war, to which he contributed the ROTC perspective.

10:17 PM, July 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home