What would Jesus do for a Klondike Bar?

I am a recent Cabrini College graduate who had been accepted into the Cabrini Mission Corps. I was asked to leave on August 13th, and my life was thrown into chaos. What was supposed to be my journey of the year of service is now a journey of figuring out how I fit in the big scheme of things and my job as a high school teacher and cmapus minister.

Name:
Location: Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Preparation

Well, this whole packing up your life and moving across the country for 10 months has definitely taught me about necessity. What is necessary to your life? The life I am to lead for the next 10 months is dedicated to a grade school and a shrine. Helping with Drama, religious education, confirmation prep, service club for older students, and sharing the story of Mother Cabrini’s affect on Denver. These are my tasks, am I ready for them? I think so. As a product of catholic schooling my entire life, from kindergarten until this may fashion has never been my strong suit. Easily hidden in a generic Catholic school uniform until college, my wardrobe developed comfort over creative. College helped me become independent in my person style, and this past year I have develop din spite of my inherent cheapness a fairly good wardrobe. I liked learning, and am prepared. I even got shoes that cover my toes and socks. After having lived without socks for the better part of four years that was a hard purchase.
I have been racking my memory banks for the activities I did with the campers in ’04. I try to remember the creativity that the other counselors used to develop new experiences, and then I remember the genius came from the kids. I need to let the kids tell me what they need and then serve that specific goal. I am ready for them.
I’ve been reading all about mother, I’ve loved her form the moment I got the notion to go to her college. I don’t know enough about her Denver story, but I’ll learn. Sr. Bernadette I will be my guide and the books I have will help. I am prepared to learn more about my hero.
I think I’m ready folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home