What would Jesus do for a Klondike Bar?

I am a recent Cabrini College graduate who had been accepted into the Cabrini Mission Corps. I was asked to leave on August 13th, and my life was thrown into chaos. What was supposed to be my journey of the year of service is now a journey of figuring out how I fit in the big scheme of things and my job as a high school teacher and cmapus minister.

Name:
Location: Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, December 22, 2006

new years retrospective

Well, its been far to long my friends, though I am still a faithful reader I just havent had the time to write a good entry. Now you can get a retrospective of my year.



I did my last eastern regional winter sectional for Special Olympics.

I went to see shannon over spring break cus I wasn’t allowed to go on the alternative spring break trip.

At the same time of not being able to go I found a sort of kindred spirit about many things cabrini-ana.

I was inducted into Phi Alpha Theta, a national history honors society.

Passed on the Student gov presidency (THANK YOU GOD!)

Weasled a graduation/certificate from St. Charles seminary in youth ministry after bugging them for 6 months.

Finished a senior thesis 4 months behind schedule, but finished it!!!

The same day I passed my thesis I was accepted into the Cabrini Mission corps and attended my last philosophy club dinner and had my very last class ever as an undergraduate (baseball and the american tradition)

Fought to graduate cus my department chair wouldn’t give me the make-up assignments for 2 years…

Graduated from Cabrini College.

Spent my summer studying maps and figures and spreadsheets of the significant histoical trees of my college.

Put together a neat map for the campus community to use to see ages/kinds cool tree things.

Quit the best job I have had to date in my life, because I was going to Denver for a year.

Packed my life into a box and 2 bags, lived with the senior sisters for a week and was kicked out of the mission corps.

My sister-in-law helped me make an awesome resume converting a Curriculum Vitae and work History into a resume.

Sent out at least a couple dozen resumes across the tri state area.

Interviewed at the archdiocese of Philadelphia for a Bucks county vicariate (a position they told me they filled, which is still vacant…) and TCA.

Hired the next day, and slept and prayed it over for a night and accepted.

Taught my fist kids, something I swore I would never do (become a teacher that is).

Ran my first liturgy, first prayer service and so many other firsts.

Moved to Morrisville in my own apartment with the help of my wonderful mom.

Hosted my first holiday (Thanksgiving).

Swore to NEVER cook a turkey on my own again, microwave? Sure! Buy one from a deli? Sure! Never prepping and cooking one again.

Shannon turned 21. the end of an era for me. Adult-hood scares me, my kiddos turning fully legal is frightening, I can no longer hide in their innocence and naivete. Darn.

It’s been a good year in retrospect.Though I type this from my apartment in Morrisville, I feel as though it should have been in Denver Colorado. I can’t let go of it. I want to and

I’ve been trying really hard to move past CMC, but I still feel as though there is a large whole in my heart. I’ve become closer to a few classmates/friends from Cabrini especially in the past 6 months. When I didn’t talk to most folks during the summer, when I couldn’t handle having to say goodbye for a year, I alienated a lot of people. But the best of them came running when I needed help the most.

When I called Ash crying that I just got kicked out, I showed up at a turf field dedication, I asked my roomie to watch a horribly dumb show every week, I asked several friends to go to Nifty- Fifty’s to just get a goofy soda, when I talked to Matt and Conor about living alone, Wayne, Brookie and Frank about having real jobs, when I asked friends to just not talk about it anymore, they responded and made me feel at home again.

When I was a small child and my family would go on vacation I often asked my parents if we had a home yet. I was always concerned that we wouldn’t have a place to stay, that we wouldn’t have a place to call home in whatever location we were. When my mom came to visit for easter she gave me a card congratulating me on moving into my first place. She said I finally had my own home, and I should make it my own in my unique way. I do have my own home, it is wherever my heart is and right now it is in my bed in Morrisville. Thanks for being my friends and being there for me at some really great highs and some awful hard lows. I hope tha tmy worst enemy doesn’t have to go through what I just did. I can’t wait to see where I am a year from now, I know it will be interesting. Prayers and blessings on you and yours for the coming year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home