What would Jesus do for a Klondike Bar?

I am a recent Cabrini College graduate who had been accepted into the Cabrini Mission Corps. I was asked to leave on August 13th, and my life was thrown into chaos. What was supposed to be my journey of the year of service is now a journey of figuring out how I fit in the big scheme of things and my job as a high school teacher and cmapus minister.

Name:
Location: Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

an end to the rockies

Well, I sure wish this letter was coming to you from the shadow of the Rockies, but it is coming at you from lovely Furlong instead. I was asked to leave the Cabrini Mission Corps on august 13th because I don’t express my feelings well enough. I don’t have enough inner maturity for the program and the director is not at peace with herself sending me to Denver. A messed up way of telling me I’m not enough peace and justice-y for her. I am mad, hurt, and sad all rolled into one. Everything I’ve done, all I’ve studied these past four years, has been so I could be the correctly educated person for that job. The mission corps gave me four years of faith and friendship. I wanted to follow in Mother Cabrini’s footsteps. Literally, she started the Denver shrine as an orphanage that became the shrine.
I applied to several places around and interviewed last Monday at Trenton Catholic Academy. Tuesday I dropped Dave and his stuff at the seminary and interviewed at the Archdiocesan offices for a vicariate position. I really really wanted that vicariate position, what better way to incorporate my college experiences into something tangible. Then I could progress to a high school spot. It would basically be providing resources for all the youth ministers in the county I was assigned. Well I am doing it backwards. I accepted last Thursday the Trenton Catholic position. I will be the campus minister for about700 students ranging from pre-k to 12th grade. That’s a really wide variety.
I started today with basic orientation to the school, schedules, procedures etc. my office is actually the outer room to someone else’s office, there are no windows and the lights have a yellow orange tint to them. I am far from excited about that, but the rest of the school is pretty nice and pleasant to be in.
I kept meaning to post here, but it was supposed to be a joyous place to learn and grow from, so it was really hard for me to come back and relive all the negative. I’m still learning about myself, and I know I am just being jumpstarted into a new life. I by no means meant to exclude you people, I just did not want to be around them or talk about it. Thanks for all your love and support!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home